Are you a carer?
Do you help to care for a friend, a relative, or someone in the community who might not manage without your help? This could be because the person has an illness, a disability, or any other type of health problem, or because the person is frail or elderly. If so, you are a carer.
It is always a good idea to tell your GP if you are a carer even if you are coping with your caring role, because this will help your GP to make sure you are given any extra support that you might need.
We work with North Ayrshire Carer’s Centre in Irvine to provide information, advice and support to carers across Ayrshire. Some of the things we provide are:
- Information about benefits you might be entitled to as a carer
- Contact with other carers who understand your situation
- Help with completing forms
- Signposting to other useful organizations
- A listening ear and emotional support
- Stress relieving therapies.
Ask at Reception for more information on this sevice.